Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tool #8

Two things I you learned about the device(s) that will be in your classroom this fall: My classroom will be equipped with Netbooks and iPads next year. It will be necessary to be diligent in checking inventory at the end of each period. Currently, I do not have a procedure in place for this and will need to make adjustments for next year. With the iPads, I learned that each teacher will customize iPads by downloading and syncing apps to our laptops. I am pleased about this as there may be apps my students use more often in one subject and different ones in another. I would prefer that our iPads are not overloaded by apps that are not regularly used in our classroom.

How do you plan to manage the device(s) in your classroom? Do you have ideas/suggestions that others may find useful? I am considering assigning technology managers to check inventory and ensuring that devices are properly stored at the end of each period. I will probably also label each device and assign students to the devices for accountability.

No comments:

Post a Comment